Earth Enhancement material
Earth enhancement material is a superior conductive material that improves earthing effectiveness, especially in areas of poor conductivity (rocky ground, areas of moisture variation, sandy soils etc.). It improves conductivity of the earth electrode and ground contact area. It shall have following characteristics-
- Shall mainly consist of Graphite and Portland cement. Bentonite content shall be negligible.
- Shall have high conductivity, improves earth’s absorbing power and humidity retention capability.
- Shall be non-corrosive in nature having low water solubility but highly hygroscopic.
- Shall have resistivity of less than 0.2 ohms-meter. Resistivity shall be tested by making a 20cm. cube of the material and checking resistance of the cube at the ends. The supplier shall arrange for such testing at the time of supply, if so desired. Necessary certificate from National/ International lab for the resistivity shall also be submitted.
- Shall be suitable for installation in dry form or in a slurry form.
- Shall not depend on the continuous presence of water to maintain its conductivity.
- Shall be permanent & maintenance free and in its “set form”, maintains constant earth resistance with time.
- Shall be thermally stable between -100 C to +600 C ambient temperatures.
- Shall not dissolve, decompose or leach out with time.
- Shall not require periodic charging treatment nor replacement and maintenance.
- Shall be suitable for any kind of electrode and all kinds of soils of different resistivity.
- Shall not pollute the soil or local water table and meets environmental friendly requirements for landfill.
- Shall not be explosive.
- Shall not cause burns, irritation to eye, skin etc.